Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 955i with a charging problem will not charge properly carried out the wiring mod on the rectifier was ok for 6 months and then won’t start charged battery and started. Checking the voltage from the stator only showing 8-9 volts on all 3 wires. Anybody have any idea

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
You checked the stator voltage disconnected from the R/R? That's AC voltage? Measure any one of the wires at the stator side of the connector to ground, looking for continuity with the meter set to Ohms. Engine off. There should be no continuity to ground. If those are AC voltages then you have a stator issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were ac voltage readings before they were up at 18/19 volts. Most posts I’ve read say that you normally drop 1 reading not all 3

·
Registered
7,567 Posts
Depending upon the stator output, 18-25 VAC is about right at normal idle. Should go up at higher revs to 75VAC or more. Do the isolation test to battery ground. If there is no continuity to ground, then maybe you have a wire issue; but, your stator could be defective. Is the engine idling at the correct rpm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think so always around 1000rpm mark have ordered a new stator and rectifier will try the stator 1st and see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts