Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need someone who knows electrical systems, Fast. The little woman has ordered me a battery charger for Christmas, the WRONG one. The manual says 1 amp or less so thats what i'am going with. So, is it 1 amp and 6 volts or 1amp and 12 volts, or doesnt it make a difference? She wants to know NOW and i dont want her to know that I dont know. So help a brother out and pull my tit from the ringer. :???:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey,
You would need 1 amp and 12 volts. I am unsure of the differences in the charge rate with six volts battery but your battery in speedy is 12 volts.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've been extremely happy with the Battery Tender JR. It charges quickly and keeps batteries topped up with a trickle charge once fully charged. I use mine for about 6 months at a stretch over the long Canuck winters...<sob>

·
Super Moderator
21,935 Posts
On 2006-11-24 07:07, Speed3 wrote:
Chapperal has 8 the best price for the Battery Tender.
I think you mean Chaparral?
Chaparral Battery tender

Yes, they are $1 cheaper for the jnr model but for the waterproof model which I prefer, MAW is about $6 cheaper
The Jnr & the Waterproof are electrically the same but the packaging is much nicer in the Waterproof model

MAW Online Battery Tender

Get the one that is catalog number 50896 ($33.95) from mawonline.

The Battery Tender comes with a waterproof pigtail plug that you can permanently connect to your battery - then when you go to ride or return, it is easy to just connect/disconnect from the charger without having to use the alligator clips

[ This message was edited by: DEcosse on 2006-11-25 00:19 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts