Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please advise how I can change the engine temperature reading from Fahrenheit to Celsius on my 2004 Speed Triple. (I accidentally changed it from C to F yesterday whilst adjusting the time on the clock)! Many thanks in advance for your help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Catamount,

Thanks for your reply. I've just been out to the bike and changed the display back to Celsius!

How to make the change was not included in the 'under the seat' Manual which came with the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's not too clear. I figured it out when I took my bike into Quebec and was needing to know much much over the speed limit I was going.

I think there are three settings... Hold down once, change temp from f -> c. Hold down twice, change from mph -> kph. Hold down third time and reset back. Something like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah it's not too clear. I figured it out when I took my bike into Quebec and was needing to know much much over the speed limit I was going.

I think there are three settings... Hold down once, change temp from f -> c. Hold down twice, change from mph -> kph. Hold down third time and reset back. Something like that.
Can't believe Triumph left this important stuff out of the manual. There's no way you want to be dividing your speed by eight and multiplying by five to find out you're just about to be pulled over...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You absolutely don't want to be doing that for converting speed. You're misremembering the formula for converting temperature too, the key numbers are 9, not 8, and 5.

See me in my office after school. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts