Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm hoping no one gets upset about the legal side of this, but i'm trying to swap out the stock thruxton guages for the stock t-100 guages and the odometer will not be correct when i do this. How hard is it to change it to be correct for my bike?

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I put a new mini speedo on my bike which set me back to zero from 15000mi. It will only be an issue if I ever sell,[I won`t] and I will just hand over the factory speedo to the new owner.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Caspian,

Sorry mate but you can't just swap the faces. Once you remove the speedo from the instument cup you'll see that the gauge is a sealed unit. You can't get in there to do anything.

Cheers mate,

Russ

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I've seen someone actually put new faces on the guages. Obviously they had to take apart the entire unit, which is probably (intentionally) a ***** to put back together. I suspect that in order to change the odometer (if a possibility at all), you'd have to get into the sealed units. And if you were able to do that you might as well just change the face plates instead of messing with the odometer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts