Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any videos changing the grips on fly by wire triumph grips,lots on Harley's but cant any Triumph specific ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It ain't rocket science, no different then changing grips on any other bike.

Paul

Reactions: kdxandrew

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that was extremely helpful,having been riding bikes since 1964 and owned too many to remember,and dozens of grip changes,this is my first with fly by wire,I managed to find a few videos but all Harleys.I dont like just diving into a project and like to know of any potential problems before I start,no doubt it is probably straightforward,but thanks for you valuable input. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's true- all the fly by wire stuff is inside the little plastic box on he bars. The grip goes on the tube and is held there by friction - just pull it off like you would with a cable one. Might need to squirt a little water between the grip and the tube to get it moving (you could use a light oil but you'll need to clean it off thoroughly afterwards)...but if you've done lots of grip changes you already know all about that

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody know of any videos changing the grips on fly by wire triumph grips,lots on Harley's but cant any Triumph specific ?
I used this video when changing the grips on my water cooled T100.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you have an air compressor or a friend who has one, you can use that to blow high pressure air into the gap between the grip and the tube. It is still a bit of a fight but it avoids the use of lubricants between the grip and the tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts