Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to figure it out, even read the owners manual, and I'm still in the dark. How do I change from a 24 hr. display to a 12 hour display on my '19 Street Twin??? I need your help please.

Paul

·
Registered
97 Posts
What? Why would you want to do this. How will you know if it's morning or evening? I'm being sarcastic. I don't know, but I will say that I've had other vehicles that I can't change to 24 hour time and I've always been frustrated. I was quite pleased when the bike was set to that for default.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I’d tell you how its done on the new touch screens but don’t see what year or what bike you have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After a bit of research, my dealer told me that I was locked into 24 hour time on my 2018 T120.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d tell you how its done on the new touch screens but don’t see what year or what bike you have.
It's a '19 Street Twin, no touch screen on the Classis as far as I know.

Paul

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After a bit of research, my dealer told me that I was locked into 24 hour time on my 2018 T120.
That's wat I thought might be the situation, and I'm not happy about that.

Paul

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
When I got my 2018 T120, it was set on the 12 hour sequence.
At some point, it changed to the 24 hour sequence.
I wasn't able to find a way to change it back to the 12.
A week ago, I unplugged and then replugged the Booster Plug on the bike.
I then noticed that the clock was back on the 12 sequence.
I don't know if that is what caused it because I also disconnected the battery for other reasons.
I also had previously unhooked the battery when it first changed to the 24 sequence.
I haven't confirmed the 'how' that it can be changed but I have confirmed that it 'can be' changed on the 2018 T120.
One other thing that I did on this last go 'round was to set the MPG to zero by holding the index button down 'til it zeroed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I got my 2018 T120, it was set on the 12 hour sequence.
At some point, it changed to the 24 hour sequence.
I wasn't able to find a way to change it back to the 12.
A week ago, I unplugged and then replugged the Booster Plug on the bike.
I then noticed that the clock was back on the 12 sequence.
I don't know if that is what caused it because I also disconnected the battery for other reasons.
I also had previously unhooked the battery when it first changed to the 24 sequence.
I haven't confirmed the 'how' that it can be changed but I have confirmed that it 'can be' changed on the 2018 T120.
One other thing that I did on this last go 'round was to set the MPG to zero by holding the index button down 'til it zeroed.
I'm out of town right now, but when I get back I'll sure try the battery disconnect...though I don't remember it changing when I had it disconnected during my turn signal install. Dealer simply said the factory said you can't get there from here...good to know it might be possible, I just hate doing all that high math while attempting to ride.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I'm out of town right now, but when I get back I'll sure try the battery disconnect...though I don't remember it changing when I had it disconnected during my turn signal install. Dealer simply said the factory said you can't get there from here...good to know it might be possible, I just hate doing all that high math while attempting to ride.
Yeah, I can't guarantee anything.
All I know is that it definitely changed twice on my T120, by accident.
There may have been something else that I did but I can't think of any.

I was in the Navy in the 60s and 70s so the 24 time is not a problem, however I do prefer the 12.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, I can't guarantee anything.
All I know is that it definitely changed twice on my T120, by accident.
There may have been something else that I did but I can't think of any.

I was in the Navy in the 60s and 70s so the 24 time is not a problem, however I do prefer the 12.
Just to cover all our bases... you haven't just been driving in the morning, right? lol. I'm just teasing. And I totally get why people would want 12 hour time as I grew up with 24 hour and can't stand 12, so the opposite would definitely be true.

- Craig

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just to cover all our bases... you haven't just been driving in the morning, right? lol. I'm just teasing. And I totally get why people would want 12 hour time as I grew up with 24 hour and can't stand 12, so the opposite would definitely be true.

- Craig
So, 1300=1pm,1400=2pm,1500=3pm and so on. Couldn’t resist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I bought my 2018 Speedmaster, I searched for a way to switch to a 12 hour clock. Was told it couldn't be done. So I bought the Triumph analog clock that mounts on the handlebars (along with the matching analog thermometer), and I leave the digital display set to RPMs. As a result, I now have both tach and clock at the same time, and the clock is 12 hour analog. Plus, I've upped the number of gages by 2, which is always cool.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts

- Craig

- Craig
Ha Ha!
You are right on, except all my T120 maintenance and riding has been in the PM.
Or as Emily Litella(Gilda Radnor) used to say, "Nevermind!".

I apologize to all in this thread.
All I succeeded in doing was flipping the am to pm, so that 13:00 shows 1:00.
Evidently, I have never changed the clock to the am-pm 12 hour sequence.

Once again, apologies for the confusion.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and it did NOT change a thing..... damn it!!

The Analog clock mounted on the handle bars sounds good to me. Have done that a few times in the past.

Paul

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone tried sprinkling a little bit of Ju Ju Dust over the instruments?? That could be the solution......

Paul

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Winter is when we complain about first world problems! It’s really easy. Leave when the sun is low in the east, come home when it’s low in the west. Problem solved! 😁

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Winter is when we complain about first world problems! It’s really easy. Leave when the sun is low in the east, come home when it’s low in the west. Problem solved! 😁
Here in Florida I ride just about every day of the year, my bikes and scooter are my primary mode of transportation. Being on time for appointments is important to me, that the reason I value a clock that shows time in a format I'm accustom to. If I had a compass I could tell east from west, but I don't. Sundials don't work well on cloudy days or between sun down and sun up. Celestial navigation is out of the question, no place to carry the sextant or time tables and I need an accurate time piece anyway.. arggggg.

Paul

1 - 20 of 20 Posts