Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gonna change the back brakes on an '03... and was wondering if I need to take off the back tire to do this?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I just changed the rear pads on my '06 to EBC HH, and no I didn't need to take off the reear wheel.

BTW my rear pads were nearly worn out in less than 6000 kms, and I'm NOT a heavy rear brake user. Anyone have similar experience?
I suspected something funny 'cause the hydraulic fluid was going low without any leaks.

·
Registered
979 Posts
On 2006-12-03 12:29, Avi8or wrote:
I just changed the rear pads on my '06 to EBC HH, and no I didn't need to take off the reear wheel.

BTW my rear pads were nearly worn out in less than 6000 kms, and I'm NOT a heavy rear brake user. Anyone have similar experience?
I suspected something funny 'cause the hydraulic fluid was going low without any leaks.
Yes i had exactly the same experience,lucky i noticed it as i reckon i had about 200 km's left on them if that,would have made a nice mess of the disc.And that was about 150 km's after my service and the dealer said they had checked the pads and fluids,don't go to that dealer anymore. :hammer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts