Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had the chance to possess almost all the triumph of these last years.
But I also rode with Harley and other chinese bikes. Never by KTM.
But I am French.Is this worse than that? lol.

bonne journée à vous toutes et tous

·
Registered
898 Posts
just living in the real world, sorry if that offends. I am hoping one of these days soon i'll have a triumph back in the stable. What I don't do on this forum is bash the people that ride, regardless of what they ride. The s3 frame remains unchanged since 2011, why that would offend someone is odd as it only means they have it right already. I read the air scoop on the new S3 was fake by reviews but can't verify. i've seen dynos for 2011-15 and 2016 go from 121 to 124 hp and all i'm doing is typing what reviews are printing and you guys are losing your sh!t. The new S3 isn't in shootouts with the ape, ktm, or bmw and when it's included in literbike contests it's qualified by stuff like "although being down on power compared to the other bikes in this test". not my words. if you pick up a bike rag you read them too so why pretend the bikes a world beater if you're happy with it?

It's been a long winter and action on the ktm forums is slow, but I didn't think I was doing any bashing here.
I could be wrong, I know you know your stuff, but I thought engine wise the 16 was only 2 or 3 hp and nm up on the previous model. Though overall lots of small changes to the bike had made big improvements overall.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
I could be wrong, I know you know your stuff, but I thought engine wise the 16 was only 2 or 3 hp and nm up on the previous model. Though overall lots of small changes to the bike had made big improvements overall.

Sorry that was directed to decosse!!!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

Your wrong. This is the most significant upgrade since Triumph brought out the 1050 engine. Hp wise it's 5 hp more but feels significantly more.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Your wrong. This is the most significant upgrade since Triumph brought out the 1050 engine. Hp wise it's 5 hp more but feels significantly more.
So how am I wrong ? 5hp is massive upgrade is it? Forget how it "feels" it's 5hp. Why so aggressive with your feedback any way ?

·
Registered
898 Posts
And I did say I'd read lots of small changes and up to a big improvement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any significant changes between the 2011 to the 2014 Speed Triple? I know the 2011 was the first year they changed from bug eyes to the more angled look. I know the '14 has ABS where the '11 didn't have or was an option?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm in the market for a speed (pretty sure anyway) and can't help but notice this section is a little out of date! Any speed triple aficionado's who can help me out on 2016+ S, R, RS differences and owner feedback?

Took an RS out today and coming from a S1000R BMW the electronics on the speed aren't all that great, the TC cuts power massively, you can barely tell on the BMW when the electronics are interfering other than that thoroughly enjoyed it though good to be back on a triple!

Regards,
Blakey

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I'm in the market for a speed (pretty sure anyway) and can't help but notice this section is a little out of date! Any speed triple aficionado's who can help me out on 2016+ S, R, RS differences and owner feedback?

Took an RS out today and coming from a S1000R BMW the electronics on the speed aren't all that great, the TC cuts power massively, you can barely tell on the BMW when the electronics are interfering other than that thoroughly enjoyed it though good to be back on a triple!

Regards,
Blakey
Sorry can't help you with the '16s but the '19s have a ton of small changes and a bunch of mechanical changes to the motor. Here's a decent article on the changes over the years:

https://newatlas.com/2018-triumph-speed-triple-s-rs/53271/

Specifically, "There were 104 engine changes between the 2011 and 2016 models, and there's a further 105 changes for 2018. The press release tells us: "engine updates include new lighter crank gear, lighter Nikasil-plated aluminium cylinder liners, a smaller starter motor, and lighter battery and alternator. New profile pistons and a new cylinder head with optimised exhaust ports improve gas flow and deliver an even higher compression ratio to achieve the increased power output.

"A new sump lowers the oil level in the engine, reducing drag and improving weight distribution. The re-routed oil system now runs the oil internally through the head gasket to the cylinder head, allowing for the removal of external oil pipes, improved styling and reduced mass."

21 - 30 of 30 Posts