Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. So about a month ago the plastic fuel fittings on my TT600 cracked I replaced them and my fuel filter. I took the bike for a test ride and it rode fine. The next day as I rode the bike to work and only made it a mile before it stalled out it died as if it had run out of gas. Ever since then my bike won't start. It cranks but won't catch. I'm stumped as to what it could be. I've checked the battery, made sure I put the fuel filter on the right way. I've checked to make sure I put the fuel hoses back in the right connectors. I've checked the plugs for spark. I've checked to make sure all my injectors were spraying, checked fuel pressure and that's fine. I cleaned the Iacv, I replaced the stock hoses with vacuum hoses. Air filter is fine. I can get it to start with starter fluid and one day randomly it started on its own but then stalled out like it ran out of gas. Is there anything else I forgot to check?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Defective fuel filter? Without knowing how you checked fuel pressure can you/did you disconnect a fuel line prior to the injectors to see if fuel shoots out with some volume when you turn on the ignition?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I tested it 2 diffrent ways. I used a small length of fuel hose connected to the send part of the fuel connector and watch the flow. It flowed pretty fast but I couldn't tell the exact psi. I then used a fuel pressure gauge and a tee to test the pressure before the injectors and got about 43 psi. So the pump is sending fuel. The injectors are spraying also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trued wprking on the bike pulled the injectors everything works. Is that stepper motor for iacv supposed to be loud?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts