Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Funny how you can get caught chasing shadows! All the while I was puzzled by the link being in spec but everything revolving around it, turns out it is the link two links back from the link pin, whilst all the gaps between rollers are between 25.80 and 26.25 the gap of the offending one is 27.50mm almost 2mm larger causing the trailing links to ride up and maybe the sprockets are worn enough to allow this to happen. New chain hopefully will fix the problem if not new sprocks as well.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Still you can have a second master link , getting rid of this deffective link. It depends on how old is this chain and whether or not you don't care about trashing it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well after all that Bollocks that I wrote, fitted a new chain and it's perfect, old chain cactus 1500klms Smiling now but feeling like a Twat at not being able to pick up how shagged out the old chain was! Thanks for humoring me. Bob🥴

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has not a tight spot in a chain always been somewhat normal? I mean every bike I have ever had has had a tight spot in the chain, although I guess it never was cause for concern until now. Thanks! Lol.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts