Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 03 Triple. 24,000 miles. Looking like I need a new chain. (original I believe,probably overdue).The rear sprocket looks good, not hooked, but should I consider new chain and both sprockets (seems like the chain,sprocket combos are very reasonable)? What brands,where to look for good deal(not the cheapest ; not the most expensive!)
thanks
greg

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I too have an '03. Replaced the original chain at 23,000 miles. Currently have a DID x ring chain and now have 60,000 miles on the bike. (37k on the chain)
Have not changed the sprokets and they still look like new.
I do lube the chain at least every 300 miles, probably more often on the average with "Next Dimension" lube which is a replacement for the discontinued "Honda Lube". Good stuff.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Encouraging

thanks for the responses...good hear that the stock chains last that long. I believe that I will move forward with the DID chain(Triumph originals are over $200...bit too high, I think) and see another 24,000 . I am religious about only one thing...oil the chain the best I can!
again thanks
greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts