Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think my Bonneville is about 2 1/4 mph faster when I use vegan bacon grease to lube the chain versus using the real stuff, even when using the thick cut style bacon. Go Vegan !

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I'll have to go with the WD-40 (to clean) and Dupont Chain Saver crowd. I had used the Maxima Chain Wax previously....it did work well, but cleaning the chain (w/ WD-40) in between took quite a bit of time (at least in my hands). Quite happy with the current regimen [plus one can use the liquid (vs. spray) version of Chain Saver in between cleanings if needed].

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’ve always used paraffin, dry then 90w gear oil.. awesome mileages all year round but I may try acf50 as I’ve read a few good reviews...has any one seriously tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
I live in London and don't have a garage, plus I know how bad/negligent I am when it came to oiling the chain on my old 125cc bike. Now I've got a Bonneville I want to treat her right. To that end, anyone here ever use the scottoiler v-system?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Never cleaned the chain and used DuPont Chain saver best stuff ever. 59,000 miles on the chain and sprocket set on the Scrambler and spray it about every 600 miles. Stuff is amazing......

·
Registered
20 Posts
i use ep90 oil , sealed chain so its lubed internally wise.
run a rag of ep90 over the exterior keep rust at bay on side plates and rollers, rest is sealed. tiny fling , but a litre lasts forever.
clean with either parafin or WD40

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Every 600 miles after a ride, while the chain is hot, I wrap my chain in bacon. I let it sit overnight to cure. The next day when I ride, I have to admit, there is a bit of a mess. But it smells wonderful, and my chains last a very long time.
A man after my own heart. I love chain lube threads, because I've known the secret for years. I pee on my chains to clean them, then lube them with bacon drippings, and I got one million miles out of my last chain.

·
Registered
312 Posts
A man after my own heart. I love chain lube threads, because I've known the secret for years. I pee on my chains to clean them, then lube them with bacon drippings, and I got one million miles out of my last chain.
A million? Mate you should try a good quality chain....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 52 of 52 Posts