Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a rough "prototype", came to me just before starting. I'll put more thought into something before next time.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Is this an example of the initiative, know-how, creative energy, sheer hard work and can-do attitude that made the US great?...:D

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
This is a life changing device. Only in America moment. The founding fathers would be proud. I can't believe I've been throwing away pizza boxes.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
This is a life changing device. Only in America moment. The founding fathers would be proud. I can't believe I've been throwing away pizza boxes.

You got that right Sonic. As Larry would say "Get 'er done."

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go call Dominos. :)

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Mine looks like that too!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I do a few things in life differently since visiting forums.
Rates up there with changing the bed sheets once a week. Then going from a razor to an eletric. Sometimes change is good.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Yaaay! Badlion is using DuPont! :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn't a pizza box, but a rectangular box with that a cb radio came in (I'm a truck driver).
Version 2.0 needs to not leak onto the garage floor, and have a higher "lid" that can be cut to shape to provide more protection for the wheel and fit closer behind the sprocket. I'll figure it out, have a few thoughts.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Just curious , would mountain bike chain lube be ok? I have some laying around and I can't see any reason not to use if.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's after I was done. I did go heavier than normal as I was prepping the bike for an almost 500 mile ride and with a threat of rain first thing out and possibly near the end of the day also. Figured a little extra wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Reminds me of the drain oil guides I fab up when I do oil changes on my cars lol. Nothin' like good cardboard!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Great idea. I ordered a large pizza a few moments ago.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been using the same thing, but the larger model- a box from luggage that I ordered. Curious- can anyone actually lube a chain so that it a) adequately lubes the thing, and b) does not fling any lube off onto those great spoked wheels? After 2 decades of swearing that I would only own shaft/belt drive- I came back to the chain because I fell in love with a thrux. I HATE that I clean the bike and one ride later there is lube on the back wheel. Is there a technique to this and I never got the memo? I really try to keep it modest, but if I am am going to lube every chain link, it must add up to some volume of lube that is too much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts