Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already read about 04 and prior adjustments but I'm guessing its the same for the 05+? Do you have to have the wheel suspended in air? From looking at it you shouldnt but I hate being wrong. Sorry guys I bought a manual last night and am waiting on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an '08 and just did my 6k service. With that I adjusted the chain. The manual that came with my bike said that the limit was between 1.57 and 1.97 inches with the bike resting on the side stand for adjustment. It also stated in order to get an acurate reading roll the bike fore and aft to find the loosest measurement. I wouldn't use the wrench supplied to loosen the bolt, unless it is all you have, too short. I cannot remember the torque limit of this bolt off of the top of my head. My excentric moved really easy with the supplied spanner wrench. In my reading a lot of people have had trouble with the excentric. So, knowing this I expected it to be really hard to move. I took a 1/4 inch of slack out and it took a small movement of the wrench to do so. When I say small, I mean small. Anti clockwise to tighten.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an '08 and just did my 6k service. With that I adjusted the chain. The manual that came with my bike said that the limit was between 1.57 and 1.97 inches with the bike resting on the side stand for adjustment. It also stated in order to get an acurate reading roll the bike fore and aft to find the loosest measurement. I wouldn't use the wrench supplied to loosen the bolt, unless it is all you have, too short. I cannot remember the torque limit of this bolt off of the top of my head. My excentric moved really easy with the supplied spanner wrench. In my reading a lot of people have had trouble with the excentric. So, knowing this I expected it to be really hard to move. I took a 1/4 inch of slack out and it took a small movement of the wrench to do so. When I say small, I mean small. Anti clockwise to tighten.

Hope this helps.

yes it does, do you know what size the bolt is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts