Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my headers back from the Ceramic coating shop. 1400 F coating. Trial fit on the T100 - since my BUBS are on the way to DocEnglish. Not quite chrome like - but very close to polished aluminum. Clean up is a breeze - oil stains or whatever - use a little chrome polish to remove offending stain.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thruxtonup, it looks nice. when i had had my headers ceramic coated in black, the shop had automotive headers done in the chrome like ceramic coating. they looked sweet.

tabletop, it's a ceramic coated thermal barrier, not a powder coating.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Dang John! I like that! About how much? Did the same guy do it that you sent his name, address and number which is long gone since they dumped our PM's? Can I get the info again? I do like that!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ceramic coating is great. Had it done on a pipe after the turbo on my ex-300ZX Turbo, had no problems with the coating. Like John said, just a little polish shines it right up. Looks good John.

Customcafe also has it done to his pipes and cans.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2007-02-20 19:45, 5bassman wrote:
Dang John! I like that! About how much? Did the same guy do it that you sent his name, address and number which is long gone since they dumped our PM's? Can I get the info again? I do like that!
Hey Jeff - I don't have info in front of me - but it is posted on the other post about powder coated parts. I'll send you an email if you can't find it. This was 155.00 total bill, but I had other parts coated as well - so not sure what only the pipes would be.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
John,

Did you buy another bike? Is that your black & red T100? Please tell me you still have your Silver Bullet Thrux.

I'm waiting on a set of head pipes and mufflers to arrive from my powdercoater. Went with satin black. Sort of kicking myself now after seeing your silver pipes.

Mike

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
ummmmm.... "mista kotta, mista kotta!!" [waves hand frantically]

So uh, what's does this do exactly? :???:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On 2007-02-21 08:25, d2mini wrote:
ummmmm.... "mista kotta, mista kotta!!" [waves hand frantically]

So uh, what's does this do exactly? :???:
Dennis - first it helps exhaust flow - much the same as wrapped pipes by insulating and keeping the gases hot. Second - no more blue pipes - not that I minded those at all. Third if it does get stained or what not - very easy to clean and polish to like new again.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2007-02-21 07:43, RaceDweeb wrote:
John,

Did you buy another bike? Is that your black & red T100? Please tell me you still have your Silver Bullet Thrux.

I'm waiting on a set of head pipes and mufflers to arrive from my powdercoater. Went with satin black. Sort of kicking myself now after seeing your silver pipes.

Mike
Hey Mike - Still have the Thrux - although it looks a mess at the moment - I stripped the entire wiring harness and am moving stuff around trying to clean it up a little. Still waiting on custom pistons and other fabrication to wrap up. Bought the T100 for riding with Jinna - she loves to go and I hate taking her on the Thrux - though with the lsl bars its easy now - clip ons were a*****. Thrux seems to heading towards 1 purpose these days - riding roads like the GAP and track days. :-D

Speaking of the GAP - see you there in May?

John

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Can you post some close up pics when you get a set of cans mounted up? I was considering Jet-Hot and recognize it won't look exactly like chrome, but am trying to minimize any visual difference where the headers would meet my TORs.

Other alternative I'm considering is to do as FattRat did with BlueJob and internally coat with Blue Shield. I'm not completely anti-blue pipes, but would prefer to keep 'em looking as they are...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts