Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Sent my headers for black ceramic coating and returned with a brownish grey hue. Very noticeable difference from my black TORS.

The typical argument would be that the headers get very hot and discolouration is inevitable but they came out of the paint shop this way. Rep told me that's how it is and to live with it. I'm not a fan of that response considering every stock Yamaha or Harley cruiser out there blacked out from factory have pitch black headers.

Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Zard exhaust has started to become a chalky white almost at the headers. I suspect it's more due to the dealership not tuning it properly bc it has been running very lean since i had the exhaust and air box removal installed. From the research i did on a better black coating option,
some discoloring can be expected due to the high heat of the headers. However, if it came from the paint shop that way, it is certainly something they did wrong. A proper black ceramic coating should have covered any discolorations that were on the metal itself. I suggest either using a different shop or having them redo it themselves.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Zard exhaust has started to become a chalky white almost at the headers. I suspect it's more due to the dealership not tuning it properly bc it has been running very lean since i had the exhaust and air box removal installed. From the research i did on a better black coating option,
some discoloring can be expected due to the high heat of the headers. However, if it came from the paint shop that way, it is certainly something they did wrong. A proper black ceramic coating should have covered any discolorations that were on the metal itself. I suggest either using a different shop or having them redo it themselves.
Ya. That's what I figured. Time to find me a new ceramic coating shop in town!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts