Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I finally got my headers back from Jet Hot with a shiny new ceramic finish good up to 1300 degrees. No more having to try and shine up my headers. They should stay looking this good for a long time. The total cost was about $160. Not to bad.

I had Ted help with the removal of the baffle and weld up the holes that were left behind. All you have to do is drill out the 4 spot welds and the baffle comes right out. Then you weld up the holes and your done. So I sent it off to Jet Hot, had them ceramic coated inside and out. The coating also helps with heat dispersion and exhaust scavenging.

By the way, the pink bike below is Limey's. He wanted to show me what he got for Christmas. He is so proud. :lollol:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Spindlbeak, the headers look great.

Hey, can you help a homie out?

What steering dampener do you have, how much and how does it perform?

·
Registered
591 Posts
On 2006-12-29 18:55, spindlbeak wrote:

By the way, the pink bike below is Limey's. He wanted to show me what he got for Christmas. He is so proud. :lollol:

[/IMG]
So he can go cruisin for chicks...? :flam:

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
On 2006-12-29 19:49, spindlbeak wrote:

The steering damper was also made by Ted.
(Headers look fabulous by the way!)

Any chance I could just get a fork clamp from him?
I have a Matris that used similar mount but the original fork clamp was for the old forks & won't fit my 54mm USD's

I've designed a replacement in 54mm but haven't fab'd it yet - if he has one he could make available that might be convenient?

How do I get in touch with Ted?

[ This message was edited by: DEcosse on 2006-12-29 20:35 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
spindl, I think it looks awesome man! :upthumb: And as fer limey's pink bike, he's been telling me he wanted to git that, I just never thought he would follow thru. :hammer: :-D Btw, what frame sliders are those you have?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Cheap!

Those frame sliders were on the bike when I bought it. The guy I bought it from said he got them at the local Triumph dealer...

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Very nice. I'll have to get mine done in black or gray when I've got another long stretch where I can have that kind of downtime on the bike. Should have had that done this winter.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
On 2006-12-29 21:08, spindlbeak wrote:
DE,

I PM'd you...
Got it - thanks Kyle!

Incidentally my Matris stabilizer is on the left - it seems to make more sense as your left hand is more readily available, no?

I should add that I obviously don't have it on currently - with the OEM forks I got a lot more head shake than now with the GSXR's where, with the shorter offset, it's much more stable (while to the contrary hasn't seemed to compromise the turning in capability)
To be honest I feel I don't really need it now but it's an expensive component, should really slap it on there anyway! :-D

p.s. Now - how do I get hold of Limey, so I can get some of those decals & streamers for my bike too!

[ This message was edited by: DEcosse on 2006-12-29 22:46 ]

·
Registered
28 Posts
On 2006-12-29 19:00, Briank wrote:
i did the same with mine but i had them coated black :cool:
You got any pictures in for your black ones? If so, please post. I like the chrome but I keep my baby dirty.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
On 2006-12-29 18:55, spindlbeak wrote:
They should stay looking this good for a long time.
Did you know that you can also ride it? It's a bit on the clean side.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Fantastic job on the headers spindlbeak.

I've seriously got to find myself a place in Aus that do ceramic coatings, they look truly magnificent.

·
Registered
591 Posts
To he!! with polishin them bad boys every week, ceramic coating looks like it's the way to go. I'd bet black would look sick like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts