Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ride with wife on back after installing centre stand and we found centre stand touching on corners (left hand) Stock shocks could be the problem Anyone experience this and how did you remedy.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Do you have the preload cranked up when a passenger is on the bike? Don't know about the Speedmaster, but a Bonneville ought to be set at its highest with an adult on back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One short of full

Do you have the preload cranked up when a passenger is on the bike? Don't know about the Speedmaster, but a Bonneville ought to be set at its highest with an adult on back.

I have not found a way to crank up the preset to the highest a 1/4 inch bolt suffices for the rest of the range but have not found something to get both to the top (parts get in the way) any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Was just looking at a photo of the shocks - same adjusting set up as a Bonneville. I use a hex [allen] wrench the same size as the one in my stock tool kit [:D]. You ought to be able to turn the adjusters rather easily with a small tool. I'll bet your manual shows you, if there is some sort of trick to it, and also suggests setting 5 [the highest] with a passenger.
I keep mine on the second while solo, fifth with wife on back, and she's not at all heavy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan Key

My Allan keys are hexagonal and the holes in my shocks are round, I never thought of trying them but that sounds like a good solution, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts