Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of fabricating a center stand for my T100.
I offered it up tonight and found the first problem, I couldn't lift the bike onto the stand on my own. I haven't got the angle right on the bit you put your foot on. Has anyone got a pic of a center stand down taken from the left hand side of the bike?
Many thanks,
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Bob, this may or may not help you, but maybe someone else can use it.

I also made my own center stand except that I made it as a tool rather than a permanent stand. The disadvantage is that it takes a minute or so to take on and off and of course it won't be there on the road. The advantages are that it is pretty simple and has a much wider stance than the stock stand so it makes a very stable work stand. Some people have made even simpler stands but this one attaches to the regular stand attach points so it is out of the way when you want to get to the oil filter. I designed it so that the rear wheel is just still on the ground (for oil changes etc.) and I just put a 1/2" board underneath to lift the wheel up for chain servicing.

It has plenty of leverage to get the bike up and works very easily. An adobe .pdf file with photos and drawings is here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is so simple but effective too. I had made a stand with 1/2" water pipe but it took three of us to lift it onto it.The foot lever wasn't right. I have been modifying the angle at which the push down bit fits onto the upright but I may well s***** the whole thing and make one like yours. I too want it for workshop servicing etc. not as a permanent attachment. Thanks very much for sharing your design.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts