Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
30,533 Posts
The only other one I have seen is from Norman Hyde. I can't remember who sells it.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I'm still waiting on the Norman Hyde from NB. Patience is a virtue, or so I hear.

The OEM stands show up on Ebay once in a while as well - but they seem to go for around the same price in the end, anywhoo.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
If you buy one second-hand, make sure that you get all the parts, including both springs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Can anyone recommend a center stand for my 2001 Bonneville?
The Triumph center stand is a bit pricey for me:-(

thanks again,

peace & smiles
I have a Triumph mainstand which is good but as you say is expensive for a bit of tubing, £150 which is about $250, Norman Hyde does one which I think is about $200, still expensive but sure is a handy piece of kit.
UK Daveski

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
+1, Dr X

OK, yeah, I got the NH centerstand and it was pricey. IMHO, the centerstand should be standard on these bikes, but since it aint, just suck it up, buy one and use it.

It was worth the cost to me, but then, I maintain my bikes myself. Since I plan to keep this bike for 20+ years it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have just fitted a Norman Hyde centre stand, I ordered it Sunday online direct from N.H's web site recieved it today.
On the down side it was twice the postage cost of a Renntec grab rail orderd at the same time direct from Renntec, and that arrived yesterday!
Hydes packing also leaves a lot to be desired, the bloody stand was poking out of a flock lined Jiffy bag on arrival, and at first I thought I'd lost the fixing kit, but it had worked its way between the linings of the bag, and next stop was out of the tear.
Having said all this, the stand itself seems well made, was easy to fit, although the picture (1!) in the instructions is as much use as a concrete candle.
Seems like a decent bit of paint on it too, although I dont expect that to last too long.
Fitting time about 1/2 hour
I had read they are difficult to use, too much rear end weight and hard to lift, but mine slides up onto the stand with no trouble at all, and is just as easy to get off.
It come out at £117.79GBP, as opposed to £156 for the same thing from Triumph.
I hope this is of some use to some one.
Terry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts