Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a center stand installed on my T100, and really love it ! I am now working on my stand down technique, which can be tricky. I notice that the bike seems to slightly lean to the right while up on the center stand (when viewed from behind) can anyone tell me if this is normal ?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Stand alone

Never noticed any other ones leaning one way or another, but it's easy to bring it off the stand.
Put your sidestand down first, you can sit astride the bike and push it forward or stand on the left side, hold the bar with your left hand, grab the frame under the seat with your right and pull up and forward and she'll come down easy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The OEM Triumph stand on my 08 BB is level no leaning whatsoever,perfectly straight. If its leaning I would say its not installed right or maybe its the wrong one. In 08 their were three different stands one for the bonnie one for the scram and so on.:beerchug:

·
Registered
622 Posts
No, just checked on my '07 T100, all level.
As for getting the bike on the stand.....remember to pull not lift. If you pull the bike bike back rather than try to lift it it will roll back onto the stand easily.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, just checked on my '07 T100, all level.
As for getting the bike on the stand.....remember to pull not lift. If you pull the bike bike back rather than try to lift it it will roll back onto the stand easily.
Thanks for checking ! I measured the distance from the exhaust tips to the garage floor, and both are identical... go fiqure ! I still see a slight lean to the left from behind, but I can live with it. The bike is rock solid while on the centerstand.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I'm now running Metzeler 880s. The back is a 140/80. Fringe benefit .... amazing how much easier the bike is to put up on the stand with a slightly 'taller' rear tire. My previous rear tire was a Dunlop 501GT (150/70), and she was much more difficult to get up on the stand.

Bob

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
07 Bonnie black and mine leans ever so slightly to the right as well. It's almost like an optical illusion.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My Thrux leans the same way on the center stand. Not precariously, but noticeable. Their welding jigs must have been out of whack for a run of these. Probably made by an outside vendor, and they were the 'low bidder'

You're not crazy after all!

Cheers,
BLIGHT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts