Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rats,
Does anyone know if a NOS Thunderbird Sport Center stand would bolt right on to an Adventurer? I have a very nice Adventurer but no center stand and I have located a Thunderbird Sport (NOS Kit) Center stand. The Adventurer Thunderbird Kit is identical but the Sport version has a different part number.

What do you think?

chtwhite
okc

·
Premium Member
3,796 Posts
The TBS one was only available for the '98 '99 models with the dual muffler on the right side of the bike. That center stand is off set to clear those exhaust pipes and it is taller since the TBS sits a little higher than the other Classic Triples.

It will probably bolt up, it might be difficult to get the bike up on the stand since it is taller. And the spring might be different.

I'd keep a lookout for the correct one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know where I can buy a center stand for the 2000 Adventurer? It sounds like I should look for the correct one rather than buying this NOS TBS Centerstand that I've located. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one or a used one? After reading the blog here I see that people have been posting just in the last year and so they must be available somewhere?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy a center stand for the 2000 Adventurer? It sounds like I should look for the correct one rather than buying this NOS TBS Centerstand that I've located. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one or a used one? After reading the blog here I see that people have been posting just in the last year and so they must be available somewhere?
If you’re not going for the TBS stand is there any chance you’d pass on the info for it? Thanks Neil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts