Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2014 T100 Black with a center stand installed. I went to clean the chain today and the rear tire doesn't even get off the ground!

Is this a common issue? Is it going to fall off and kill me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Perhaps related? I've got a 'clunk' when accelerating with any pace out of first and second. It isn't the clutch mechanism, but something else...

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
There's shorter stands for some models like the mag wheel models. Likely someones fitted the wrong one. It's also possible longer rear shocks have been fitted. A bock of wood on the ground under the stand will get the wheel raised but not realy a solution.

Reactions: 6t

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's shorter stands for some models like the mag wheel models. Likely someones fitted the wrong one. It's also possible longer rear shocks have been fitted. A bock of wood on the ground under the stand will get the wheel raised but not realy a solution.
They did install aftermarket rear shocks, so that could be it. I'll try the wood wedge trick...

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
A larger rear tire would also contribute to this issue. My rear tire was slightly oversize and almost touched the garage floor when the bike was on the center stand, with standard length shock absorbers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had this problem when I had longer hagon shocks on my 2007, fine before I fitted them and good again since I took the longer shocks back off, though only because they are too firm for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts