Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

need to remove both the wheels for new rubber but my stands are being used by my other bike so quick question is....

is it safe to use a trolley jack and wood under the sump and the centre stand at the same time?

cheers for any offerings.

·
29,948 Posts
When I do that on my Ninja I usually try and get a long piece of wood and jack up against the steering head area of the frame, that works well for me. I have supported bikes on the sump before but I don't really like doing it that way.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone?

i'm not keen on the big bit of wood idea as unless i've got the wrong end of the stick, i can't see it being too safe?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I usually put a piece of round bar through the forks (where the axle usually goes, and longer than the axle) and a couple of axle stands, one at each end, that takes care of the front end. Then be gentle with the back end (ooer missus), it's worked for me in the past;o)

Trophymick

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've got some but there on my other bike!

front paddock and centre stand it is then.... i'm not convinced i'll do to well lugging the beast onto a rear stand with the weight etc.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know - i should do one at a time!

reason is that i'm taking all together is that i'm gonna go for a set of avon storms for the trophy... my hornet has a viper front and storm rear so gonna buy a viper rear for the hornet for knee sliding and stick the practically new storm on the triumph....

such a fanny on i know but although the current triumph tyre has loads of tread left, i don't think it'll do italy and back in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts