Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went for a short ride today it got above 40F here on Omaha . Got cut off twice by a Soccer Mom in a cager on the cell phone. ( I know she was Prozac) Not even a head bob to say I am sorry. Her Implants did look nice though My one question who the heck are these people talking to? It kills me and may very will . Just a rant

·
Registered
305 Posts
Soccer Moms are talking to other soccer moms, they are talking about how dumb everyone is. I heard that people on cell phones drive worst then drunk drivers, how about a drunk driver talking on the phone?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
texting

Ya ever see anyone texting and driving too?

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I was almost hit in my car by one the day before yesterday. She was doing 80 mph in the far right lane (passing on the right) what a dip stick. Thank god I took a third look before sliding over to the right lane. :mad:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Drag out the soapbox, and pass me my tinfoil hat!

At the risk of being considered a male chauvinist pig; the majority of the cell phone idiots are WOMEN. When cell phones started becoming popular, I envisioned this problem coming in the future. Women can yak for hours about nothing on a land line, now modern technology allows them to yak and drive at the same time. Guess which task they pay more attention to? This, coupled with the fact that most drive giant SUVs makes for a deadly combination, for autos as well as bikes. I find that the more expensive the vehicle, the greater their sense of "entitlement" becomes. You've got to watch them like a hawk, especially on the week-ends.

It's tempting to go Toecutter on them; stop them, forcibly destroy their phone, throw the keys in the nearest gutter and leave them stranded!:biglaugh: But in the cold hard light of reality, such lawlessness would solve nothing. And it could result in your being arrested or shot (we have concealed pistol permits in Texas). And think about what it would do to our sterling image as gentleman motorcyclists.:YellowWink: Still, it gives me a sense of satisfaction to think about it from time to time to relieve the frustration. I've almost been scragged a number of times by these airheads; they seem to come out of the manholes to get you!:eek:

Instead, harsher laws against cell phone use while in motion would accomplish more. For example, confiscation of the offending device, a $500.00 fine and make it a Moving Violation, with points against your drivers licence. The fine should be increased in $500.00 increments with each repeat violation. Draconian, yes, but it would be effective. Let's hear your replies and make this a spirited discussion.---James.

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Tex I would venture to say that if some one is on a cell phone and they cause the accident the monetary or law suit would be very large. But that does not help a biker who becomes a speed bump.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Went for a short ride today it got above 40F here on Omaha . Got cut off twice by a Soccer Mom in a cager on the cell phone. ( I know she was Prozac) Not even a head bob to say I am sorry. Her Implants did look nice though My one question who the heck are these people talking to?

They're talking to their boyfriends. Cellphones are a major threat to motorcyclists AND husbands. ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Tex I would venture to say that if some one is on a cell phone and they cause the accident the monetary or law suit would be very large. But that does not help a biker who becomes a speed bump.
I agree, they ain't no future in being the richest man in the graveyard, and all the money in the world won't get you out of a wheel chair; but we buy into these risks when we throw a leg over our machines. The remote possibility of harsher laws being passed makes the Toecutter mode of dealing with it more attractive by the minute.:HappyRoll:---James.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Went for a short ride today it got above 40F here on Omaha . Got cut off twice by a Soccer Mom in a cager on the cell phone. ( I know she was Prozac) Not even a head bob to say I am sorry. Her Implants did look nice though My one question who the heck are these people talking to? It kills me and may very will . Just a rant

What's up with the skinny drag queen?? Somebody needs to tell that dude to stuff his bra.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Let's take a vote; who thinks Dutch or Lee would say those things to her face? :p

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have no problem saying it to her face, but it would not be euphamized. :D
Dang he had to go and use a 5 dollar word on us!!! LOL

Variant of euphemism
euphemism Definition

eu·phe·mism (yo̵̅o̅′fə miz′əm)

noun

1. the use of a word or phrase that is less expressive or direct but considered less distasteful, less offensive, etc. than another
2. a word or phrase so substituted (Ex.: remains for corpse)

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I don't know what they are talking about.... idiots!! And I hate "friends" who call me when they are driving to chat...sound like crap and really make me feel special that they dialed me to catch up on things while stuck in traffic somewhere. No thanks..

I see my neighbor soccer mommy talking on the phone in her SUV literally pulling out of the driveway!! What???!!! You kidding me??!!

What could she be talking about?

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
I don't know what they are talking about.... idiots!! And I hate "friends" who call me when they are driving to chat...sound like crap and really make me feel special that they dialed me to catch up on things while stuck in traffic somewhere. No thanks..

I see my neighbor soccer mommy talking on the phone in her SUV literally pulling out of the driveway!! What???!!! You kidding me??!!

What could she be talking about?
Scary crap! Driving a several thousand pound weapon with a phone brain disconnect. I am anticipating many unnecessary biker speed bumps and the usual remorse from the dumb arse phone talking cagers. :eek:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great videos Jeffro, especially the second one. It shows the reasoned, rational, and mature response that such a situation requires.:biglaugh: Why didn't the actor take his ignition keys as well? Too bad it was staged; but it was entertaining none the less.---James.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Tex-pass the soap box!:D I can't tell you how many times I've been riding in traffic at 40 to 70mph and pass a car with someone texting. I think it's a sickness like gambling! How can you do that and keep your eye on the road??? Geez, don't give me some crap about multitasking.

I've been cutoff many times and they just keep going. I can't imagine what could be that interesting or important to endanger themselves and others. My wife and I both have cell phones and we either use a hands free or wait until we can get some where to stop safely and answer. I guess it comes down to being responsible. It's no longer the Soccer Mom's, it's the teenagers that have virtually no experience at driving. What the heck are the parents teaching them. It used to be teenage drinking and now it texting. Infact, it has been stated by many driving experts, it's just a bad as drinking and driving.

Most of the time I just speed up to get around or slow down to avoid. Stupid and it's going to take some getting killed for people to pay attention. I guess that's why God made so many stupid people, so the rest of us would have something to laugh at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idhWjcjNS3w

Next on the :angrysoapbox:!

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts