Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm curious about the midpipe that comes with the Triumph TOR exhaust for an '08 Sprint (PN A2200459). Anybody care to venture a guess if it's the same length, etc. as the stock midpipe? Without a catalytic converter, it promises (marginally) less weight, (marginally) more power, and probably a wee bit more Tri-oomph sound. Probably not worth the $150 investment, but I've not heard of anybody using it on a non-TOR muffler and am willing to give it a go (if there's a good chance it will fit).

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
08's are what that pipe is for. The 05-07's don't have that cat in the midpipe. Only the 08's and 09's. So the answer tou your question is yes, A2200459 will fit your 08.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cali, I just placed the order. There are none in North America, so it'll be coming from our good neighbor from the North, or across the pond.

So far I changed out the handlebars and now the cat. What next?! I should have just bought an '06!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Thanks Cali, I just placed the order. There are none in North America, so it'll be coming from our good neighbor from the North, or across the pond.

So far I changed out the handlebars and now the cat. What next?! I should have just bought an '06!

Cheers
No the 08 ecu is worth going backwards on the other things. :)

Here in Canada I am not able to pull out of Georgia. I have to get everything from England even if its just over the border. 10 working days. :)

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I get most of my (were PRESCRIPTION, just clarifying!!!) drugs from Canada......via England....via either Turkey or NZ, as they are a lot cheaper ( don't have the magic health insurance).............. but the shipping/customs can take an age...............

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the 08 ecu is worth going backwards on the other things....
Didn't know about the ecu, that makes me feel a little better. The bike does indeed start and run absolutely flawless with the 20176 tune.

tiburondriver47: My Sprint does have the 18T sprocket. I can definitely feel a power difference with/without baffles in the Trident pipes, so no cat will be at the very least, interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts