Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Casey Stoner has put on a masterfull display to lead from start to Finish at this weekends Moto GP. He held off strong challenges from
Lorenzo and Pedrosa to finish well clear in the top spot .Nicky Hayden also turned it on to give Ducati a double rostrum with 3rd place. Rossi languished down the order and Ducati must be hoping they have made the right decision for 2011 as the Honda ( Stoners next ride)seemed to have the lions share of horsepower on the straights . Spies also put in another impressive performance and I for one think 2011 will be
extremely interesting given the musical chairs and the multiple
contenders and egos in the mix.:cool:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yep, must agree.
Casey did a fine job, it's good to see him on form again, although i'm hoping it just wasn't the Aragon track that suited the Ducati's, seeing as the Yams seemed to be struggling there.
We shall see if Japan is as good to the Ducs, or if Aragon was just a one-off.
Nicky was "the man" of the race IMO, his podium was well overdue and his pass on Lorenzo was pure class, which convinced me that he's still got what it takes to be a front runner.
I just hope that Rossi and his crew don't take over Ducati and leave Nicky with the "second fiddle" role, he's far better than that.

G ; )

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just hope that Rossi and his crew don't take over Ducati and leave Nicky with the "second fiddle" role, he's far better than that.

G ; )
Well I think its likely but who knows ? plenty of good riders have struggled to adapt to the Ducati initially and its not as if Rossi is
entering the team on a high in his career. I believe there will be precious little sharing from Rossi,s team and we dont even know if
Jeremy Burgess is making the transistion with him last I heard.

Be funny if Ducati spent all that money and Hayden was the one on song! Will be just as machivelian at Honda with Pedrossa and Stoner
I think.

:motorbike:motorbike:motorbike:motorbike:motorbike:party

·
Registered
949 Posts
....and we dont even know if
Jeremy Burgess is making the transistion with him last I heard.

Be funny if Ducati spent all that money and Hayden was the one on song!
I could have sworn that either Jenny gow or Steve parrish mentioned that the whole Rossi crew are going to Ducati with him!

I also doubt that Rossi will allow Nicky to outshine him, Lorenzo has done, so Rossi has made his move.
Don't get me wrong, Rossi has had an outstanding career in any class of bike racing, it's just that he has that devious side that comes out now and then, remember his mind games with Sete?
The mind games obviously didn't mean jack-sh1t to Casey after Laguna Seca the other season but i'm thinking that with Nicky being more of a gent, Rossi may well take advantage of him.

G ; )

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the contrary I think Rossi,s aggression on the track has rattled Stoner in the past. Ofcourse Stoner was genuinly ill as well in 09.
Rossi has been quoted in Australian bike mags recently as saying that Stoner hasn,t been giving 100% at Ducati ( seems like that might have backfired by getting Stoners blood up.) I really dont think Stoner has reached his full potential and inevitably Rossis
dominance has to fade as he ages . There are now potentially 5 at least with the talent and cojones to go head to head with the master in 2011 and Rossi may see the chance to retire on a world championship ( like Bayliss) slip away. :cool:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It was great to see both Ducatis on the podium. I read on Eurosport that Casey went in little bit more of direction with Nicky's set up on the front end and it seemed to help.
That indicates to me that Ducati is still paying attention to Nicky for set-up advice and working in a direction that will work for Rossi.
Yamaha has kept Rossi out of the tests and I think he is no longer getting any parts to stay up front with with everyone else. With his shoulder still on the mend I think both he and Yamaha are done for this season. I'm not counting Rossi out with Ducati next year.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I heard that Casey went back to his '09 bike's forks to cure the front-end washouts he's been plagued with this season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts