Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed race tech emulators into my forks and got to road test them today, at low speed the front end actually felt a little stiffer than before when braking which is a good thing but on going over bumps the forks were clearly absorbing better than before. Got to a road where I could get up to 55 and purposely hit some potholes I,ve hit before by mistake which would have jarred right up and into my shoulders, I barely felt a thing, the difference at speed is incredible. I did order 10 weight fork oil instead of the 15 weight recommended by race tech as I,,m getting too old for sporty suspension. I also watched the fork rebuild youtube video by Dellboys Garage and used his homemade seal driver saving a good few bucks on a tool I might not ever use again, If your a wannabee mechanic like myself I highly recommend his videos and the fork upgrade.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Thanks for this thread, the cartridge emulators are a worthwhile upgrade.:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Great man, I'm going for the Ricor Intiminators after a bunch of other mods and maintenance :p Similar thing I guess, was it alot too it?

Dellboys videos are top btw!! Used them for my HD Fatboy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't been able to find the Ricor Intiminators online, the link to their website doesn't work. I would appreciate any contact info that anyone can give me.

Thanks, Rick
2002 Thunderbird 900

·
Registered
349 Posts

Easy find in the US. No sure for France, sorry. Installed with Ricor recommended fork oil retaining original springs. Did NOT cut spacers. All well, no more fork diving when braking. Nice cushioning over bumps while retaining control!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TO FREDDAS84. It really wasnt bad at all but it was a bit touch and go getting the allen bolt out of the bottom of the forks, I had to reinstall the spring and spacer then lock the leg back into the yokes and using a dewalt impact driver I got it loose. I,m pretty sure Dellboy said to loosen before removal but I guess I didnt have my listening ears on during that part😕

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If only I could have read that BEFORE I did the job life would have been that bit easier:ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts