Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm really happy with my T120 Black so far but I have one little issue with it. I can't seem to find a place to store my clear glasses. I tried under the seat but there's really no room to fit anything. Anybody having the same issue? Maybe we can figure out something together :grin2:

Thanks and safe riding!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Would it be possible to put them in a hard clamshell case and put them in a jacket pocket? Add a soft cloth to eliminate them bouncing around inside of the case.

·
Registered
Thruxton 1200 R , 900 , KTM Duke 390 , Honda NSR 125 , SWM 124
1,830 Posts
Lets assume its reading spectacles . I just carry a cheap pair in a pocket .

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I'm on board with the idea of keeping them in a hard case in a jacket breast pocket. I've always done it this way. There's never any doubt about where the glasses are, and they're with you all the time. All it takes is a quick pat to confirm that the case is where it should be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is I live in sunny Florida and rarely do I wear a jacket unless it's below 70 degrees. And these damn jeans I wear feel so tight, can barely carry my keys and phone :nerd:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The thing is I live in sunny Florida and rarely do I wear a jacket unless it's below 70 degrees. And these damn jeans I wear feel so tight, can barely carry my keys and phone :nerd:
Another thought, a small bag attached to rear grab rail.

Satnav or mobile phone holder and glasses case that will fit.

https://www.ardmoor.co.uk/nite-ize-rugged-glasses-case-ni-ngc-03

Small magnetic tank bag.

http://www.fastbikebits.com/product...e-gps-holder/5543d97b5883eba2eb0851bf3c67d4df

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Well then, don't fall down. Wear some baggier jeans, don't take the glasses along, buy a fabric armored jacket with pockets and wear it, stop riding your bike, take a bus, hitchhike, walk, ride a bicycle, buy a scooter, sell the motorcycle, drive your car, take a taxi, call uber, etc., etc., etc. Sorry for the snark, sort of...

·
Registered
16 Street Twin | 07 Sprint ST
171 Posts
As I get older, the problem only gets worse. I'm thinking of using a bandolier across my chest, with a series of pockets for all my glasses: clear, readers, bifocals, progressive lenses, sunglasses, nighttime tint, etc...

-Alan

·
Registered
225 Posts
there are companies that make rider glasses that change dark to clear they will also fit prescription lenses for you
one pair of glasses you can keep on in any situation i have a pair they work well

·
Registered
173 Posts
At my advanced age, looking cool is no longer on my Top 10. It's all about comfort and a bike that is fun to ride. So, my T120 doesn't leave the driveway without a tank bag. I use the Cortech 2.0 magnetic tank bag. Holds glasses, lens and faceshield cleaning kit, a bungee net in case I buy something, a couple of bottles of water, a map or two, a bottle of Purell, a small LED flashlight, a kickstand plate, a small first aid kit, electric jacket liner and wiring harness, and probably some food bars that are past their due date.

The bag stays put during all kinds of wind and cornering conditions, but is easy on and off at gas stops. I never have to consider anything when I go for a ride because it's all there. Just zip up my 'Stich, strap on the skid lid, wiggle into my gloves, slap the tank bag in place and it's off I go. Used now on three different bikes, this bag has not harmed the paint on the tank.

I also have a Chase Harper barrel bag strapped to the grab rail. This contains my tool roll and my chain lube kit (small squeeze bottle of gear oil and a wad of latex gloves). This bag stays on the bike and doesn't look out of place with the T120's style.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts