Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is pretty cool. I've been planning on doing something very similar but I was going to bolt the light to a set of crash bars. I like this setup better. Just curious, how did you switch it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hot wired the horn and grounded it on the center bolt that holds on the horn and reflectors. no switch it just stays on . I may add a switch in the future .

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I hot wired the horn and grounded it on the center bolt that holds on the horn and reflectors. no switch it just stays on . I may add a switch in the future .

This is how I wired mine. It looks great, adds a lot of light, and makes you a whole load more visible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: OgreV and raulduke

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just purchased the same light and know nothing about wiring. Do you guys have any way to explain to a novice how you wire this to the horn wires? What do I need to purchase from the hardware store? Pics or diagrams? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I just purchased the same light and know nothing about wiring. Do you guys have any way to explain to a novice how you wire this to the horn wires? What do I need to purchase from the hardware store? Pics or diagrams? Thank you.

You can get away without anything. If you pull the plastic connector of the +Ve wire on the horn, there is a small hole in the metal tab, loop the bare end of the light wire through the hole and wrap around the tab, push the plastic connector back on. Not permanent, ideally you should splice using a connector, but it will get you up and running. I'll try to do some pictures later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi, I want to add one of these fog lights to my Speedmaster.
Does anyone know if using just 1 fog light, mounted on the right side of the motorcycle is actually legal in the UK?
The law states that on cars there must be a pair mounted symmetrically
Thank you for your thoughts,
Doug.

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
Hi, I want to add one of these fog lights to my Speedmaster.
Does anyone know if using just 1 fog light, mounted on the right side of the motorcycle is actually legal in the UK?
The law states that on cars there must be a pair mounted symmetrically
Thank you for your thoughts,
Doug.
Once you understand what your laws are on mounting, I found that N1ckel's method just wouldn't fire up for me despite several tries. Ripper, here on the forum, patiently walked me through the steps using a simple relay and it's never failed. I can send you his instructions if you'd like.

I mounted mine on the left side, toward on-coming traffic - here anyway. Slip a washer below the supplied flat washer, it seems to loosen in the mount occasionally.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was looking at this on Carpy's website... the model bike has a steering damper, so I'm curious about those of you without one and the possible lamp sizes. I've got a Hella 500ff driving light I was hoping to mount in place of the chrome number (have a bit of a blacked out theme going on the ol' girl). Does it look like any of you would be able to fit a 5" or 5.5" light on the bracket without interference? Depth of the light looks to be similar to the one supplied with the package. Anything helps! Cheers!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
It's difficult to measure exactly, but the Carpy's light is perhaps a tick over 5", so even a 5&1/2" light has plenty of space on the bracket.

Reactions: 777

·
Registered
54 Posts
Perfect - will report back once it's installed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts