Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm as yet not vouching for quality, only for fitment of MOST parts. Found these kits by googling float bowl seal id and finding cross reference to Triumphs from vintage Japanese parts vendor. Then googled first-listed Kawasaki for rebuild kit. The float bowl seals, idle (A/F) screws, idle screw o-rings and idle screw flat washers appear identical. The idle screw spring is same length but has one more coil, thereby making it slightly less compressible. The float seal is much smaller and worthless (had to get these from local Triumph dealer, $25 each). Main parts of interest to me were bowl seal and idle screw o-rings, as I have knurled thumbscrew A/F screws from New Bonneville. Best part is you get FOUR kits for about $25 from Alpha Moto on Amazon (B004MSJ7U0). I have no financial interest in this vendor/kit; I was just disgusted that A/F screw o-ring was impossible to find without purchasing screw and other parts as well. Also, I cannot vouch for fitment in any other Triumph year or model. See attached photo; "O" side (left or top)) is original from my bike, "K" (right or bottom) side is from Alpha Moto kit. Forgot to include bowl seal in photo; as I said, it is identical to original. A/F o-ring appears slightly thicker only due to being compressed into a beveled shape for 18 or so years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Close only counts with horse shoes & hand grenades. Seek out the correct parts from someone who knows what they're doing & understands your 01-08 Triumph carburetted twin.
bce011kit.jpg

/M
#engineered_to_thrill

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Close only counts with horse shoes & hand grenades. Seek out the correct parts from someone who knows what they're doing & understands your 01-08 Triumph carburetted twin. View attachment 714673

/M
#engineered_to_thrill

The diaphragm on one of my slides got a tear in it. I was able to move it enough and reclamp the cover so it sealed and works fine. But its only a matter of time until I need one. Any idea where I could source one? Thanks Sal

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
The diaphragm on one of my slides got a tear in it. I was able to move it enough and reclamp the cover so it sealed and works fine. But its only a matter of time until I need one. Any idea where I could source one? Thanks Sal
according to the Triumph parts book the diaphragm is only available assembled to the side, they call it a vacuum piston part number T1241019.
depending on your mileage there's a good chance the slides are worn any way. I know mine are as I've had to file and smooth the wings once before

I would attach an image but not having any success since the upgrade

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
according to the Triumph parts book the diaphragm is only available assembled to the side, they call it a vacuum piston part number T1241019.
depending on your mileage there's a good chance the slides are worn any way. I know mine are as I've had to file and smooth the wings once before

I would attach an image but not having any success since the upgrade
thats meant to be attached to the slide, not side

how does one edit their posts nowadays?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm working on slides, diaphragms & floats. My problem is I'm in Michigan and it will be 4 more months before I can road test these parts.

/M
#engineered_to_thrill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts