Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell I have two vent pipe that come up from my carbs that then bend over go back down between and just vent below the carbs is this correct

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
The two vent pipes on mine go back over the airbox, not down between the carbs

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, can you tell me do these connect to anything or are they just open ended above the airbox.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Carb vent pipes

Ia have a 2000 adventurer with Keinlin carbs. There is a verticle pipe towards the front of the bike on each of the carbs and they have, what looks like a factory stopper on each i.e,. no vent to the atmosphere.

Question 1- are they supposed to be stopped up? When I took them off and started the motor the idle shot up from it normal 1100 rmp to 3000. I adjusted the idle down and rode it and it seemed to be a little smoother overall.

Question 2 - do I put it back like it was?

Question 3- Do I get a T and connect all three and run a tube back to the air box?

These bikes never seem to stop offering an opportunity to learn something.

Thank you,
Bradleycougar

·
Registered
5 Posts
same question for '95 Tbird

I just pulled the carbs off my '95 Tbird that has been running poorly for some time. Didn't know if these tubes are supposed to be connected to anything.

Bike will not run without the choke on. Even then I have to rev it to take off. Any other things to check besides fouled carbs?

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts
I just pulled the carbs off my '95 Tbird that has been running poorly for some time. Didn't know if these tubes are supposed to be connected to anything.

Bike will not run without the choke on. Even then I have to rev it to take off. Any other things to check besides fouled carbs?
Those are the vents, there should be rubber hoses connecting to them. The hoses are routed over the top of the airbox.

I would be checking for blocked pilot jets from what you describe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts