Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carbs have started spitting back at low RPM's under load, and its getting progressively worse. I'm assuming a partly clogged pilot jet is to blame, but could there be other possibilities? The mixture screw is already 3 turns out.

·
30,527 Posts
I wonder if your mixture screw is actually too far out, and that is the problem. I have been having a stumble at idle which is similar, and is a rich mixture screw I am sure.

You may need a 42 pilot and the mixture screws turned in maybe?

Althogh if this only just started - try putting your stock ignition box back on and see if that helps.

·
Registered
630 Posts
The carbs have started spitting back at low RPM's under load, and its getting progressively worse. I'm assuming a partly clogged pilot jet is to blame, but could there be other possibilities? The mixture screw is already 3 turns out.
Certainly could be gummed up carbs but I would also look for air leaks on the intake side, particularly the vacume caps. Check that the aircleaner element is clean and clear.

On the ignition side it could be a faulty ignitor or ignition pickup (crank angle sensor).

Does your bike still have the air injection system fitted?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good answers! I will try the stock igniter, previously my first Procom had hot start issues. This one has been on for two years so I will try that first, then the vac ports etc before pulling the carbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts