Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put my order in yesterday. they said 3 weeks till i get it. anyone have one on their bikes? please post if you do, if not ill be posting as soon as i put it on. you dont even know how excited i am

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't have one but I'm glad you posted the website as I've never heard of them. I could go CRAZY at that place. Let us know how it works/fits/looks as I would like to tiddy up my rear on my bike too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-- the weather in california man, all the weather has made it impossible to ride..and..on top of all of that i ordered the carbon undertail and it should have been here today but now there is no telling when itll be here

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm diggin the way the undertail looks but the turn signals looks iffy to me. I think It would look killer with an intergrated brake/turn light.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey i have finally got mine installed, only thing that sucks is that to mount the passengerfootpegs you have to drill your own holes, 1 extra one on each side, not a big deal though was really easy to do, ill post some pictures soon just hard to get a good picture of it, i promise if you buy it you will love it

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought about the integrated turn signal/brake light idea but after doing some research it is not legal in VA. I could have just left the turnsignals off (which is legal) but I didn't feel particularly safe with that solution.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hmmm.

Does anyone know of any suppliers of custom parts in the USA? Yet another reason I should live in the UK.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Goose2241 - I am very interested in the CarbonUK undertray, but they say it has been designed to be used with an integrated tail/indicator and that if you want to attach the stock indicators you can drill holes in the carbon fibre. As I would prefer not to take a drill to an expensive aftermarket part, I would have to find another solution. Your solution looks excellent, so what did you do? Can you provide more info/pics? Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll have to see if I have any detailed pictures. I can't remember. I avoided drilling holes for the turn signals by using the metal piece that had the safety reflectors attached to them on the rear license plate assembly.I'm not sure if Triumph continued to put this part on St 3's past the first model year. Also I can't seem to find part # on schematics for bike. It worked perfectly for what I needed to do with turn signals. It already had 3 existing drilled holes in it. I machined off half of where the reflectors were attached to metal. Make sure to fit to bike and see how you want turn signals to look before cutting off the wrong half. I then drilled holes in the remaining half for the bolt and wire to attach the stock turn signals . Next step was to drill two holes just big enough to run the turn signal cables from each side up the connections under the seat through the tail. I attached the metal piece with the stock turn signals through the pre drilled hole for the license plate holder that comes with the undertail. I then ran the turn signal wire through the other two preexisting holes of the metal piece. I then cut the stock connectors and spliced the turn signal connectors to new connectors (as well to the wiring harness). Locktited the bolts and that's it. It wasn't to bad of a job. I just took my time with it and made sure my measurements were right. Compared to getting the kickstand off to be powdercoated, this was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Goose2241 - thanks for your speedy response. Unfortunately, my Street Triple is a 2008 and the parts you refer to were not part of my bike:(. Guess I will have to find some way of fabricating something similar if I go with the CarbonUK part.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts