Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the looks, and increased sound (nice?) are there any benefits in terms of performance (ie smoother throttle response etc) by fitting a TOR to my 2004 955i?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Don't know about your '04, but had one on my '98 T595. Too loud for where I ride and I doubt there were any performance enhancements. But, if the TORS for the '04 is constructed like the one for the 1st generation, it's a heavy can that is basically a SS steel can wrapped in CF. Not a true CF can like that of a Leo Vince or others. I sold my TORS. The weight alone was reason enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the subject of TOR loudness, I fitted a removable restrictor in the end of the pipe (decibel reducer insert). Mine is a 2003 955i and the outlet is 51mm or 2". I bought a stainless part from a UK manufacturer, SP Engineering, via eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/292617641563

It is retained by a stainless 4mm Allen head machine screw and captive nut. So I needed to drill the tail pipe on my TOR can, 4mm right through both skins.

The TOR end is double skinned, unlike aftermarket cans, so the screw supplied is too short. I could have drilled 7mm only in the outer skin to sink the head of the supplied screw, so it would rest on the inner skin. But I substituted a longer one I had anyway and that works fine. I'll post a picture later.

Very happy with the tone and if I want to ride like a fool, I can just unbolt it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought my '05 Daytona 955i with the high TOR installed, brand new original exhaust supplied. I rode the bike 1600km home, posted the original one home, and installed it as soon as it arrived. No change in performance. Four years later I used TuneECU to flash the standard fuel map 10178 in place of 10181installed for the TOR. It made a really noticeable difference; smoother, more torque in the midrange 4000-7000rpm, and better fuel economy. I sold the TOR to Sussurf :) .

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I had one, got rid of it. Why would I want a heavy SS can with a CF cover. Too loud for where I ride and a high level ballast weight. Just my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts