Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be a full carbon swing arm?. I took the picture from racecomp website.

How does it affect the ride and handling?

·
Registered
379 Posts
wow looks really good but im guessing that the swingarm was wrapped in carbon fiber and is not made of the material

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'll bet it would reduce the unsprung weight by quite a bit, even if it is not all CF.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, wouldn't wrapping your swing arm in ANY material, (albeit a very light one like C.F.) increase unsprung weight??

I think I've seen this stuff for sale on ebay before. If my memory serves, it's real carbon fiber in really thin sheets, with an adhesive backing. Sure looks cool!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, wouldn't wrapping your swing arm in ANY material, (albeit a very light one like C.F.) increase unsprung weight??

I think I've seen this stuff for sale on ebay before. If my memory serves, it's real carbon fiber in really thin sheets, with an adhesive backing. Sure looks cool!

That swing arm is completely made out of CF, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yep, they told me the same in a spanish Triumph forum.

Why would you do that?, just for the look and protection?
Steve has been very busy at Race Comp So if he dosent have on on the self it may be a while before you can get on plus the the price is nice. LOL. They do make some carbon cover that just cover the hump part of the swing arm. they just stick on with some two sided tape. I dont know if it is full carbon i would want mine to be just wrapped in carbon I have had two many carbon moutian bike frames crack on me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That swing arm is completely made out of CF, if I remember correctly.
Steve has been very busy at Race Comp So if he dosent have on on the self it may be a while before you can get on plus the the price is nice. LOL. They do make some carbon cover that just cover the hump part of the swing arm. they just stick on with some two sided tape. I dont know if it is full carbon i would want mine to be just wrapped in carbon I have had two many carbon moutian bike frames crack on me.
Does it have any kind of inner structure?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts