Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
MidLife C, Most commonly seen are Triumph's own. Being carbon wrapped stainless steel they're not much lighter than an OEM can, but durable. Perhaps the highest rated aftermarket can is Wolf. Peter Sorrell is a forum member and owns Wolf...drop him a line. 2Bros and Carbon Can Company are cans I've had experiance with through the sons.

Brad

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Take a look at www.trident-exhausts.com (was Wolf - now we brand all the Triumph stuff as Trident)

The high levels leave the pegs in place without spacing them out, they add around 8 bhp and come with a removable baffle so the noise can be loud or softer...

FYI Triumph no longer make their own brand can for this bike - but even when they did the Trident is much better - about double the power gain and a lot nicer sound and they last forever whereas a lot of the Triumph cans started to fall apart after a couple of years...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recommend the Two Bros High Mount Carbon Exhaust

This is the M-5 can (bigger in diameter) versus the M-2 that Two Bros recommends... Clear the M-5 fits and looks great :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
This is the M-5 can (bigger in diameter) versus the M-2 that Two Bros recommends... Clear the M-5 fits and looks great :)
When you were fitting the S link pipe can i ask how far it sat onto the downpipe?

As you may notice from another thread I have up, I’ve picked up a second hand Two Brothers, when I try and put the link pipe on it just and no more goes past the grooves that have been cut out (maybe by 2mm or so) and doesn’t feel very stable, did yours seat properly all the way until the pipe narrows to go up to the can?

Thanks,

Jamie.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I hadn't heard they quit makin em. I got mine new with the bike and sure do like it. Friends I've passed with it "on song" have heaped praises on it too. Mine's quite a bit lighter than stock and it's been holding up well. Maybe I just don't ride in the rain enough tho. ;)

I really like the looks of the hanger.

And I did some grinding to bring it all in tighter including the passenger peg. Mark H.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts