Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m picking my new S3 up early and as I`m lucky enough to live 2km`s away from Geelong Carbon Fibre, I`m giving the bike to him for 2 weeks whilst I`m on Holiday so that he can make some moulds and increase the range of CF available for the 1050. At present, they only make a rear hugger and a tank protector. I said I`d put a posting on here to ask you lot,

What would you like to see in CF for the 1050?

Even if CF isn`t your thing, what do think would be the most popular?

You can reply to this thread, PM me or e-mail.

·
Registered
Joh Bloor Special
1,408 Posts
hey Welshrob,

congrats on your new purchase.

I would like to see a countershaft sprocket cover in CF.

Radiator endcaps, exhaust shields, heel guards, swing arm cover, chainguard, (the chrome one that hangs down low) -
these are just some things that people may want

·
Registered
637 Posts
If you look at the new 2007 Triumph Accesory catalog, you'll see they offer 12 carbon options this year:

Radiator Cowls
Fly Screen
Silencer Heatshields
Heel guards
Rear Hugger Kit
Cush Drive Cover
Upper Chain Guard
Lower Chain Guard
Sprocket Cover
Front Mudguard
Hose Guide
Tank Pad

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2006-11-28 04:52, bkrbil wrote:
If you look at the new 2007 Triumph Accesory catalog, you'll see they offer 12 carbon options this year:

Radiator Cowls
Fly Screen
Silencer Heatshields
Heel guards
Rear Hugger Kit
Cush Drive Cover
Upper Chain Guard
Lower Chain Guard
Sprocket Cover
Front Mudguard
Hose Guide
Tank Pad
don't they offer the seat cowl also?

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I`m not sure about things like the seat cowl, I might need a non-CF version for him to make the mould. I`ll check tomorrow. In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Since I've already got the rear hugger, chain guard, front fender and rad shrouds from Shift-Tech I don't need those. I definitely will be buying heel guards in the near future. But what I would really like to see is a complete fuel tank. That would actually save a significant amount of weight and increase range.

·
Registered
336 Posts
No, Triumph isn't making the seat cowl in Carbon....but I have seen them on Ebay from a guy out of Brazil.

I have the Shift Tech Front Fender & Rear Hugger with the Carbon Chain Guard also.....very, very nice stuff.

Wow....a complete gas tank would be sweet, but really pricey.

JOHN

·
Registered
629 Posts
You would need a carbon tank to go with the carbon seat cowl. Normal plastic tank and carbon seat cowl won't look good together.

Actually you would need all the painted bits in carbon to make it look good :)

BR,

Your friendly S3 stylist

:-D

[ This message was edited by: premier on 2006-11-28 08:46 ]

·
Registered
583 Posts
On 2006-11-28 11:30, 24gt wrote:
I agree a carbon tank and fairing would be sweet. I would love to see a total carbon fiber bike.
+1, i want an entire bike in carbon, tank, headlight buckets, but your buddy might have better luck making just parts that no-one else does,but then again, if people want the carbon weave to match they should get from the same person.

·
Registered
480 Posts
On 2006-11-28 14:36, bluesjeans wrote:
I would love to see a total carbon fiber bike.
I don't think carbon fiber tires stick very well in the corners..

You have to put rubber cement on them before riding!!!!
Man dont you know anything???? :???: :-D :???: :-D :???:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
On 2006-11-28 08:36, graciejohn2 wrote:
No, Triumph isn't making the seat cowl in Carbon....but I have seen them on Ebay from a guy out of Brazil.

I have the Shift Tech Front Fender & Rear Hugger with the Carbon Chain Guard also.....very, very nice stuff.

Wow....a complete gas tank would be sweet, but really pricey.

JOHN
that's too great. i bought that CF seat cowl from that guy in brazil. hahaha. :)
looks killer!
-b

·
Registered
969 Posts
On 2006-11-28 14:01, jrussell6 wrote:
I agree a carbon tank and fairing would be sweet. I would love to see a total carbon fiber bike.
+1, i want an entire bike in carbon, tank, headlight buckets, but your buddy might have better luck making just parts that no-one else does,but then again, if people want the carbon weave to match they should get from the same person.
The entire bike: gas tank, fairings side panels everything. Everything thats already done do it some more and drive the prices down a bit. Do it all, everything... I need more carbon fiber.
Like this monster...

That bike's hot even for a monster :-D

·
Registered
112 Posts
CF headlight buckets and heel guards would be cool. How about a sleeve to cover the ugly plastic brake fluid res.. All these brake problems have got me superstitious about replacing mine. My brakes are great now.... where's some wood to knock on. :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts