Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around the ignition switch is getting all marked up by my keys, so I'd like to get a carbon fiber decal to cover that area. I found one on ebay, but it looks really cheap in the picture.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good place to order one from. Would make a great inexpensive Christmas idea for my family.

Thanks!
Shane

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Try... THIS...

RexxyPup was pretty hot with this sort of stuff and might be worth the pm..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Or, if you don't feel as talented as Rexxypup..........

E-Bay
Creative Vinyls

It just dawned on me that the pictures on this E-Bay site are the same pictures as in Rexxypup's album! HEY! :idea: I think I'm on to something here! :-D

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-11-28 04:05 ]

·
Registered
944 Posts
Not to criticise Creative Vinyl's product or anything, but I purchased the sticker for my '06. And though it offers the look I was looking for, it is just that, a sticker. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but I found it a bit difficult to apply, and it was easily torn. For the price (poor exchange rate, not withstanding), I had expected it to be a bit thicker material.

All in all, what I'd like to see is something made of real Carbon Fibre, or a really thick rubber-type decal. I've seen things like that for other bikes, but nothing for our Sprint.

[ This message was edited by: NinjaRAT on 2006-11-28 09:55 ]

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stlakid, I think you're on to something.

And for the record, I am not criticizing the worksmanship of the product, just think the picture doesn't really give a good view of it.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Hi,

I did the templating for the -04 ST decal that GeoffLowe sells on e-Bay. I have it on my bike (it is the photo shown on eBay). It looks great and takes only a little care to fit. I also did the template for the loop around the ignition lock which takes more care to fit, but they are well worth it.

Rexx

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey Rexx, whats that black knobby thing on the right bar mount in picture # 2 of your carbon fibre bits album ? :???:

[ This message was edited by: Suncoast on 2006-11-28 12:28 ]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I did the templating for the -04 ST decal that GeoffLowe sells on e-Bay.
And here I thought you managed to get yourself a little business from your work. Well 'I thought' I was on to something.

Seems like a good setup even if you want real carbon fibre. They would make GREAT patterns to just stick onto the material you wish to use. Just a thought for the artistically challenged......like me!
Sometimes it's much cheaper to take the easy way out and avoid the frustration of doing something that's technically simple, but 'you' tend to suck at! :( :razz:

[ This message was edited by: Stlakid on 2006-11-28 14:26 ]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hokie,
I got a hold of some carbon lookalike contact and made one for my Daytona and one for the Sprint. I have some left so If you PM me, and give me your address I will send you some so you can make your one for yourself.

TTFN The Tankman
:-D :-D :-D

[ This message was edited by: Tankman on 2006-11-29 02:37 ]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I made one using the templates supplied on this site .....

I reckon it looks good, and it does the job ....
Cheap-o Ebay contact - Looks like carbon, easy to cut and protects the alloy .....

Making one to go around the speedo next (If i ever get my bike back from repairs ..... grrrrrr :mad: - but then again, i cant ride yet anyway! - waiting for shoulder surgery - yay.....)

Yes, I have an Eyore on my bike, is this a problem ? :cool:

J

[ This message was edited by: kazjim on 2006-11-29 03:45 ]

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
The black nobbly thing is the Mount for the SatNav RAM mount.

Glad to see the template is being used. Geoff's stuff that he is now selling on ebay fits well. I also did the templates for the heel guards, but I have a sharp bit on my boots that eats them.

I got mine free from Geoff for doing them :-D

I have tried to get the guys at my local dealer to let me do some for the other models, but it gets a little convoluted with the cut - print - Scan - print routine.

Ah well.

You could buy a piece of flat C/F and use the template to shape it, but the ones I have seen look very chunky and clumsy. I prefer the vinyl look.

Rexx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts