Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen some half tank covers for other bikes such as

or

and i'm actually quite curious if there is one being made for the Triumph speed four/tt600. I often use a tankbag and to be honest, there is a nasty dent in one of the ridges of the tank. Would be a nice and quick fix.

btw i see these pictures show a half tank cover for the wrong side (near the steering) i have also seen them near the seat area which also acts as a tank pads.

·
Super Moderator
8,685 Posts
I don't think he is making them, just asking if somebody does. I haven't seen one, though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, I can make them. I used to work with racerowboats which are also made of carbonfiber or glassfiber.

But it's only worth the time and money if you can make several. As you need to make two molds.

so that's why i'm asking if there is someone who just plainly sells them :)

·
Super Moderator
8,685 Posts
Oh, gotcha! I didn't understand. Check with some of the site sponsors. Maybe they would want to sell them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, gotcha! I didn't understand. Check with some of the site sponsors. Maybe they would want to sell them.
No, you got it right the first time. I don't want to make then I just want to buy a tankcover.

It's just to expensive to just built one tank cover, it's cheaper in numbers and since i don't really think there are alot of people that want to buy them i'm just not going try that endeavor :)

but back to the main question, are there shops that sell them?

·
Registered
907 Posts
no. ;-) if there were i'd know about it haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
who would be interested and how much would you be interested to pay. I can have a look if a can make a few, but i really need a fair few of people who want them. (i'm not promising anything)

i can even make them with a kevlar inside or outside or with a color. The fabric is avaiable from a store i go to regularly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much is right $$?

i would be intrested in one too but i have no idea how much would be fair $$ for those who are intrested happy i have a tt 600

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i bought 200 euro's full of stuff for some carbon i needed to make. It was a cockpit and a yoke plate. I think i would need a bit more, but it all depends on how sturdy it needs to be and what materials you want to have. Having 3 layers of carbon is ultimately going to cost less then having 9 layers of Kevlar/carbon.

The thing is, i need to make a template of the tank. Which is going to be from glass fiber. That's going to cost some more as i could just pour the cockpit into a mold which isn't possible with the gas tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts