Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tempted to write carb give head to rubber in the heading, but managed to resist :jestera:

According to BikeBandit, Triumph no longer make the carb to cylinder head rubbers for the old triples and they are out of stock. Apparently, this is true for both the Mikuni thingos as well as the Keihins. I went to a live chat with them yesterday, trying to find a suitable alternative, but we didn't succeed.

Instead I'll have to try and enlarge the new set I have for the Swiss market - they have pencil sized holes.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may be an option if I don't manage to fix the 'wrong' ones I have - but I primarily put up the topic as a warning that parts perhaps can become scarce quickly if Triumph stops the production of various parts.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I heard about this problem from Bike Bandit before.

Try your local dealer. I just got some.

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
My understanding is that manufacturers are obliged by law to provide parts for 10(?) years after manufacture ceases.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Okay...
So, my regular mechanic collects & restores late 60's-early 70's Triumphs; he must have some way of replacing the various rubbers / consumables on these bikes.
And certainly there's people out there who restore ancient Harleys.
How are these people getting these items? Are they just finding old stock via hook & crook, fabbing their own, or has a cottage industry grown to provide these items when demand grows high enough?
IE, what's the future hold for these 900's? Am I going to be able to keep my first bike running in 2020? 2030? Beyond?
There has to be another solution beyond praying that the manufacturer keeps providing parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What dealer do you use, I have a hard time just finding one. Ordered new needles for the carbs and some small stuff, and have waited 2 weeks now. This was from Sula´s in Uppsala.
Bought mine at Johans MC in gothenburg and that is the same as www.mcweb.se. I guess as they usually dont have them in stock it could take awhile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts