Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well spring is here and it is time to replace the carb rubbers on my 96 t bird. When I installed the Keihin FCR Carbs I kept the stock carb rubbers and they worked fine up to this point. My question is carb rubbers do I need to get. I would assume it would be for the later model bikes as they used Keihin carbs... I tried looking on Bikebandit but didnt have any luck... Hate that website with a passion!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I used the stock ones for my FCR-39s and just replaced them with the ones from the dealer.

I'd just ask for the ones from the later 885 models. My '99 Legend had Keihin CVK-36s and the stock rubbers work fine.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Somewhere there was discussion about these being unavailable from Triumph, but my dealer just got me 3 new carb to intake rubbers for my 99 Legend. They are still available.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Somewhere there was discussion about these being unavailable from Triumph, but my dealer just got me 3 new carb to intake rubbers for my 99 Legend. They are still available.
I think that conversation was about the older ones for mikuni carbs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love em but now I need new cams to take advantage of all that available power. It reaches red line way too soon...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much of a benefit is a aftermarket ignitor? Im figuring since I spent the money on the FCR's I should man up and make them pump out as many horses as I can...

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
How much of a benefit is a aftermarket ignitor? Im figuring since I spent the money on the FCR's I should man up and make them pump out as many horses as I can...
If you keep your eyes open on fleabay you can get a daytona / sprint / speed3 / trophy ignitor for cheaps (I bought one for $60) - that will raise your redline - rev limiter will then be at 9750.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Any Trophy 3, any carbed Sprint (up till 1998 IIRC), 95-96 Speed Triple, carbed Daytona 900 (up to 1996 IIRC), Trident.

Mopst often you will see them on fleabay at around $275, but every now and again you can piock one up much cheaper.

You cannot do this mod on later bikes, where the main harness plugs directly into the body of the ignitor - or at least you cant do it without messing with the connectors / swapping out the harness. As a rule of thumb if your ignitor has a pigtail it should work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts