Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK does the air slide move up and down the the throttle slide. so if you open the throttle all the way and look in the carb(from the air filter side) would you still be able to see the air slide. i hope this makes sense. i have a 930 amal carb. on a tr6c. I'm having trouble when the throttle is opened I'm getting a sputter and lose of power from 3000 rmps and up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll try to desciper your coded message...

It sounds like you are describing how a CV (constant velocity) carb works. They use intake vacuum (controlled by the cable controlled butterfly) to raise the slide thus raising the needle to allow fuel to enter the intake. I'm not too familar with Amals, but i do believe they use a cable to manually operate to slide. With a mechanical slide, if you open the throttle all the way and look down in the carb, you would not see the slide. With a CV carb, you would. (assuming the engine is not running) You say your bike is sputtering...is it puffing out black smoke out the pipes? Or is it starving for fuel?(no smoke) Have you checked the plugs for fouling?
If you still have the stock carb on your '02 Sporty, that is a CV carb. Bigern

[ This message was edited by: bigern2300 on 2007-02-05 18:26 ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts