Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the bike (T120 Triumph 650 Twin) running until carburetor started to flood. Had the float replaced and everything was good until it started to flood again. Replaced the floats with new floats (black) and still have the problem with one carburetor. I'm missing something? Any suggestions.
Thanks bsvab

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
I do have sticking very occasionally. I turn off the tap and then run the bike before setting off and turning the fuel on again. Could be the ethanol because this never happened before the additive.
Be sure to always turn off the fuel when parked up. This overflowing is very random.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you check the float level and the float needle and its seat?
Jim.
It seems like I did that before with no results. The carbs are rebuilt so there's a new float needle. I wonder if its the seat? Then what?
Thanks
bsvab

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have sticking very occasionally. I turn off the tap and then run the bike before setting off and turning the fuel on again. Could be the ethanol because this never happened before the additive.
Be sure to always turn off the fuel when parked up. This overflowing is very random.
I tried tapping on the bowel thinking the float was stuck. Nothing. We'll try again today.
Thanks
bsvab

·
Registered
498 Posts
you said you just got it running. were the tank and fuel lines clean inside? are you using a fuel filter?

a tiny speck of dirt from the fuel lines can hold the needle off its seat.

take the bowl off, spray the needle and seat with cleaner, and look in the bottom of th ebowl to see whether there are specks of dirt.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use the petcocks with the metal screen. Will clean the bowl, I'm thinking that might be the problem.
Thanks
bsvab

·
Registered
498 Posts
bits of dirt can enter the fuel lines if they're disconnected, or stick to the bottom of the petcock if the tank is set aside on a bench with the petcocks attached.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts