Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

My bonne was running a little boggy while at constant throttle so i was pretty sure that the carb needs to be cleaned... tried to get it cleaned under warranty since i had to take my bonne in to the shop for some other stuff. but they won't do it under warranty because it's a wear and tear thing and was gonna charge $75 bucks for each carb.

My friend told me that since it still runs, then just use a carb cleaning additive. Anyone recommend this or recommend against this? Any suggestions?

If not i'll probably just take it apart and clean it. hopefully it ain't too difficult.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I recommend Seafoam or Techron. Both are pricey but they work. Save your money & don't buy the cheap stuff.

·
30,633 Posts
I too have had good success cleaning out carbs with sea foam. Good product. It's pretty easy to find in auto parts stores (round here anyway).

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I also recommend Chevron Techron. Here on the farm it is part of our spring prep for all equipment. However, I keep my fuel tap closed after each ride and have not had a problem with dirty carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts