Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the bike delivered to my place today...

Captain America Storm!

I wasn't too sure the colors would fit the Storm's blacked out setup, but I still went along with my initial idea and couldn't be more pleased. Now, I should be getting the shorties right away, solo seat, bags and Dart flyscreen should look pretty darn good!

...If mother nature would be on my side hmmm, guess the longer the wait, the better she'll feel. I've only waited 5 weeks, I can wait a little longer...NOT! :Help

·
Registered
31 Posts
BECYK

Be AWARE!! I note youre going to get short pipes AND saddle bags (panniers) I was told when I got my STORM with short (TORS) pipes not to get them.... The heat will melt them.... Even I was sceptical untill I met another T-Bird rider who was told the same thing. Might be wise to get advice

Al

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I thought of the heat-bag issue. I just like the shorty pipes. Hmmm, something to think about thats for sure.

Thanks for the advice, the deed is done, the pipes are on their way...you've got me thinking now, maybe i'll cover the bottom side of the bags with aluminum sticky tape. I use it on my race bike and its incredible how much of the heat it blows off!

Thanks, always good to get these inputs/thoughts, some are good and some are old wives tales, this is a good one!

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
I like it very much, but I wouldn't call it "Capt. America". It is more like the old Norton Jubilee paint scheme, which was also a winner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup. Just swapped with the TBird. It was a big mess of a deal...you give me this, I'll give you that, throw this in the deal and we'll say its that blablabla...in the end everybody was happy (at least I was lol).

Like I said, I wasn't 100% sure it was gonna be as good as it is, pics don't do her justice. I'm happy with the results.

Richard

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I like it, still haven't ridden it yet. :/ Either work or weather gets in the way. I do get to look at it everyday though DOH.
Maybe Easter w-end...if I'm mot working.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! What a ride. Rode 150 miles yesterday with passenger, the torque makes the passenger a non-issue. It pulls the weight.

I say: good job Triumph engineers!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts