Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been googling ( tho I keep getting a redirect to spam), I want canvas panniers for my 2015 that don’t attach under the seat. I’m not looking to take trips, but commute. I like the look of the long ride ones, but the brackets appear to be only for 2016 plus. There are the Oxford Heritage that say you have to put a strap under the seat. The sw motech ones look good, but are a bit pricey. I really don’t want the ones you throw over the seat as it seems like that would not be as easy to tote in to the office.

what are you using?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm in the UK and have a 2011 Bonneville SE. These SW-Motech bags are totally awesome.

Not sure if you can get them in the USA but worth a look....

Quickly detachable and the rails even look good when the bags are not on the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I like those. I'd need bigger bags since I have to tote a larger laptop. I may be better off with a back pack for my immediate needs, then have something smaller like that for just day riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, they do do a larger capacity version but that depends on the distance between fixing and your exhausts.

I use these inconjunciton with another bag - either one strapped to the rear seat area or a messenger type bag for my own laptop.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, they do do a larger capacity version but that depends on the distance between fixing and your exhausts.

I use these inconjunciton with another bag - either one strapped to the rear seat area or a messenger type bag for my own laptop.
As with everything, I can never make up my mind about what I want to do, lol. For as little use as they'd get, I kind of hate to get panniers. I usually only get in 2 hour rides or so, not trips. Commute when I can.
All this is leading to going a cheap route and seeing how it goes. Its just a bit of a pain to unscrew the seat all the dang time, that's why trying to avoid that. SW-Motech to make a nice looking backpack that could work for commuting. Ugh. lol. 1st world problems for sure.

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use a Longride bag with a generic brand pannier mount I got off of eBay. In fact, I'd say a pannier mount is necessary with this bag, even if their website says you don't need one. Learned that the hard way, but once you have a mount, the bag is great. It's big enough to throw a laptop and a couple other small things in, and it's pretty water resistant. I've been riding with mine on my bike for about 2 years and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got to see and touch these at the 1 motorcycle show in Portland. I can say with confidence that they are worth every penny (I wish I had that many pennies) and would out last the bike. These folks made these for themselves, they are definitely over built and well designed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts