Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I've been trying to email Mike at TTP but his link hasn't been working on his website. I have a 2012 EFI bonnie with TEC 2-1 exhaust right now. I am currently running the stock Arrow 20504 maps via TuneECU and have disabled the AI and O2s. I know removing the O2s on this map probably isn't ideal but have been waiting on TTP to come out with maps for 2-1 exhaust for some time.

I also have a BC Airbox kit that I'm waiting to put in at the same time a tune does get released. I don't want to install now and risk running the engine lean. I've contemplated switching up to a 2-2 exhaust just to get a good tune to run, but I really prefer my setup now. Are there any suggestions I should do right now or keep holding out for TTP to release something for us 2-1 guys?

Thanks!
Hung

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
I also have a BC Airbox kit that I'm waiting to put in at the same time a tune does get released. I don't want to install now and risk running the engine lean. I've contemplated switching up to a 2-2 exhaust just to get a good tune to run, but I really prefer my setup now. Are there any suggestions I should do right now or keep holding out for TTP to release something for us 2-1 guys?

Thanks!
Hung
Well Hung, if it was me, I`d either wait until TTP comes out with something or find a Dyno shop near you that uses Tune ECU, there is a list on the EFI board. Running with the ARK and pods without the correct tune may indeed make it very lean.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hey All,

I've been trying to email Mike at TTP but his link hasn't been working on his website. I have a 2012 EFI bonnie with TEC 2-1 exhaust right now. I am currently running the stock Arrow 20504 maps via TuneECU and have disabled the AI and O2s. I know removing the O2s on this map probably isn't ideal but have been waiting on TTP to come out with maps for 2-1 exhaust for some time.

Thanks!
Hung
Hi Hung, when you say that you have "disabled the O² sensors" but it sounds like you haven't removed them, why then did you disable them?

Yes, you are right that the map you are currently using is configured to be operated with the O²'s in place and operational.

I certainly would not be altering anything on the inlet side until you have the opportunity to either amend or replace your currently map.

Incidently, are you running the Arrows setup with or without the removable baffle?

·
Vendor
2,422 Posts
Hung, sorry you can't contact me through the site. It seams a majority can, but a few can't for some reason, maybe to do with java or something. If you need to contact me, you can PM me through RAT.net.

I have an EFI Bonnie with 2-1 exhaust on now and the tunes will be available before the year end, sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Hung, when you say that you have "disabled the O² sensors" but it sounds like you haven't removed them, why then did you disable them?

Yes, you are right that the map you are currently using is configured to be operated with the O²'s in place and operational.

I certainly would not be altering anything on the inlet side until you have the opportunity to either amend or replace your currently map.

Incidently, are you running the Arrows setup with or without the removable baffle?
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have removed both the AI and the O2s and disabled them both in the TuneECU software. I know the arrow map's are optimized to run this way, but not sure if I'm really hurting anything besides cranking the engine over. So far it's been running smooth and no hint of stalling. I am running my exhaust without the baffles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hung, sorry you can't contact me through the site. It seams a majority can, but a few can't for some reason, maybe to do with java or something. If you need to contact me, you can PM me through RAT.net.

I have an EFI Bonnie with 2-1 exhaust on now and the tunes will be available before the year end, sorry for the delay.
Hey Mike,

No worries, I will look into my Java and see if it's up to date. That's wonderful news, I know you're do an amazing job on them!! I signed up for the newsletter already, so I'll be one of the first ones to buy your new tune.

Hung

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mike,

Great to hear about the new 2>1 tunes, I'll keep an eye on your site for them! I've been waiting all summer to do some airbox mods. Looks like I'll be adding to my winter to-do list.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike,

Great to hear about the new 2>1 tunes, I'll keep an eye on your site for them! I've been waiting all summer to do some airbox mods. Looks like I'll be adding to my winter to-do list.
Yes, I am in the same boat as well. I have the airbox elimination kit sitting here for a few months but I knew not to tinker with that side until I got her properly tuned. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
7,367 Posts
I see that nobody picked up on the subtle innuendo in my first reply...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I did, but what should my response have been, other than laughing to myself?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I did and was impressed that you got it in under the razor wire but didn't say anything in case you got into bother. Perhaps you could consider changing your name to Finbar Saunders?

·
Registered
64 Posts

Does this mean there are currently no maps whatsoever for a 2 into 1 system on your website now? I was really looking forward to getting one of yours with some other parts and the tuneECU. I already have the 2 into 1 system I want to use.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the response, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Glad I asked before buying an incorrect map.
In the meantime, I think I'll go ahead and order some of the other go-fast parts so I'll have them ready when the maps are available.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts