Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was hoping to get some opinions regarding the street triple and street triple r. Currently I own an Aprilia 750 Shiver. I dropped her and have been frustrated by how long it takes to get parts... so I started looking for other bikes...

what apeals about the street triple is:

much lighter
appears to sit lower than the shiver (i'm 5'8" and can only get one foot down on the shiver)
larger tank
better quality service
better access to after-market parts/accessories
I believe servicing and parts as a whole are cheaper than the aprilias (need confirmation on this though)

but I'm also concerned about getting the street triple... I took a motorcycle safety course (then proceeded to get my full license) and have been riding for just under a year (well, may through to december. I haven't had the bike since early december when it went down).

I know the bike is more powerful than the shiver, so i was wondering if you guys think a rider with my experience would be fine on one or do you think i should go grab myself a 250 ninja b/c i was a bit of an idiot get a 750 in the first place as my starter bike (please be nice with the comments... but honest...)

my dealer has an 09striple and a new striple r so first of all i can't decide between the two just yet, my inclination is to just go for the r (its only an additional 850 CAD)... and i can have a bike right away!

all comments appreciated... i realize there are other threads on the subject, but I wanted to know if people had ideas about my specific situation...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry guys. i put this in the wrong forum... please ignore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts