Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 bonnie which has no AI system, been rejeted, foam air filter and thruxton needles fitted. I have fitted 1950s type silencers via adaptors. (Ariel repro). The bike starts, runs and sounds well and I have been running it now like this for over a year.
My problem is this: If I have been winding the bike up round country lanes etc and come into a bend I go to blip the throttle to drop down through the gears to take the bend but for the first couple of blips there is nothing there - just no response to the throttle, as if there was no fuel or something. Within two or three attempts at blipping the engine picks up and is back to normal. Obviously this has completely messed up taking the bend as I then have slow down rapidly with the brakes for a few seconds.
However if do the same thing and aproach the bend at a slower speed, say about 30mph, there is no problem so it would seem to be some sort of fuel starvation when I shut off for the bend at a higher speed. I have checked and cleaned everything on the fuel system. A recent article by Jenks on bonnevilles prompted someone to suggest this sort of problem is down to the ingition coils breaking down and the spark being drowned when a handful of throttle is required. I'm not sure. Anyone any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts